Click on Contribute
Debit and Credit Cards Accepted
“Every A.A. group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.”
It is up to each AA group to decide how to distribute contributions after expenses are paid and a prudent reserve is retained.
Question: How can groups participate?
Answer: To help support A.A.’s essential services, the General Service Conference suggests that individual groups, through an informed group conscience, adopt a specific contribution plan tailored to meet the group’s financial situation. Once the basic group expenses have been taken care of (rent, refreshments, A.A. literature, local meetings lists), and a “prudent reserve” has been set aside to cover unexpected expenses, the group may decide to further carry the message by sending money to the following A.A. service entities:
- District 12 on the Northshore – The local district, which communicates directly with the groups, providing the district group conscience for the area assemblies, and serving as a link between the area delegates and the G.S.R.s.
- Louisiana Area Assembly – The area committee, which coordinates vital A.A. activities over a broad geographic area; sends a delegate to the annual General Service Conference; holds area assemblies to determine the needs of the Fellowship; and provides information at all levels of service.
- Greater New Orleans Service Board (GNO) – The local intergroup or central office, which may provide phone service for the Twelfth Step calls and other inquiries; coordination of group activities; A.A. literature sales; institutions work; public information and cooperation with the professional community activities.
- General Service Office – A.A.’s General Service Office, which functions as a storehouse of A.A. information, communicating with members and groups in the U.S. and Canada, and sometimes around the world; publishes A.A.’s literature; and supplies information and experience to professionals and others interested in A.A.
AA’s “Self-Support Pamphlet: Where Money and Spirituality Mix” offers two examples on percentage splits for contributions, however, the percentages are wholly determined by each group per group conscience.
10% Area Committee
50% Intergroup or Central Office
30% Area Committee
AA General Service Conference Approved Literature can be obtained here:
AA Online Store – b2c.aaws.org
GNOSB – New Orleans Central Office – (504) 836-0507
638 Papworth Ave A, Metairie, LA 70005
“Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions” (B-2 *)
“Self-Support Pamphlet” (F-3 *)
* Item numbers for ordering
If you’d like to read more about AA finances download the PDF file here:
AA Guidelines Finance MG-15
Addresses for sending contributions to the primary service entities that directly affect our area.
** Make checks or money orders payable to entity name as listed
General Sevice Office **
P.O. Box 459
Grand Central Station Ste. 103 – 127
New York, NY 10163-0459
Louisiana Area Assembly **
7350 Jefferson Hwy, Suite 485-179
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
District 12 on the Northshore **
P.O. Box 580
Mandeville, LA 70470
GNO Service Board **
638 Papworth Ave. Ste. A
Metairie, LA 70005-3123
Voluntary contributions or scholarship donations to District 12’s yearly AA convention can be sent to:
S.E. Louisiana Spring Roundup **
P.O. Box 4150
Covington, LA 70434